Finding a Professional Renovator
When you hire a renovator, you are buying a service rather than a product. The quality of the service the renovator provides will determine the quality of your renovation; the finished product and your satisfaction with it.
Here is why you should hire a RRHBA RenoMark / Certified Professional Renovator members for your home renovation projects:
- Members believe in professionalism. They are committed to their industry and to their businesses and are willing to pay annual dues to keep informed and to help educate consumers as well.
- Members have legitimate business licenses. They do not support the underground economy of renovators who avoid paying taxes and operate “fly-by-night” and “cash only” businesses.
- Members are informed. Information and education are important benefits of membership. The members are the first to know about changes in building codes, municipal requirements, health and safety regulations and more through courses, information sessions, and communications program.
- Members are “in-the-loop”. It makes sense to hire a renovator that is part of an extensive home building and renovating industry network. Members are in touch with manufacturers, suppliers, and experienced sub-contractors. They know what’s new and where to get it.
- Members offer peace-of-mind. Members that have joined the RRHBA renovator programs are concerned about fair and honest quotes and reliable start and finish dates. They understand that keeping the lines of communication wide open is the key to a successful job.
- Members comply with the RRHBA’s code of ethics applicable to all members plus a renovation-specific code of conduct. It’s all about integrity. Members believe in treating not only their clients appropriately, but also deal fairly with sub-contractors and employees.
- Members offer a wealth of advice. Put them to work for you in the planning stages of your renovation. Members can offer design and technical advice to achieve designs you may not have thought possible. They are one call away.
- Members take care of the details. Hiring a professional means that the details like ensuring all sub-contractors have Workers Compensation Board coverage, necessary approvals and permits are in place, and obtaining the appropriate insurance are not only taken care of, they are readily available to you for your assurance.
- Members offer a warranty. A contractor committed to professionalism will offer you the coverage you need. Under the table deals leave you no recourse – so make sure your renovator spells it out on paper. Members can also provide you with a written list of referrals so you can check on their performance and expertise.
- Members are part of the RRHBA – a crucial first step in knowing that you’ve hired a professional.
Learn more about: